Posted by on Feb 17, 2015 in All, Global Outlook | 0 comments

This semester, management major Madelyn Barry ’16 is studying in Cape Town, South Africa, through ISA! Here’s what she had to say about her experience so far!

“I’ve been here for just under three weeks and it is absolutely amazing! I just started school at University of Cape Town today and also love that! I enrolled in an African Drumming class which seems like it will be great!

Some highlights:
• I climbed Table Mountain which is a HUGE attraction here in South Africa and one of the new Seven Wonders of the World. It was a crazy hike but the view was no doubt worth it.
• I have also climbed Lions Head, which is another great hike.
• I signed up for two school clubs including UCT Surf Club and SHAWCO, which is a youth development program.
• I visited Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela served 18 out of his 27 years in a high-security prison.
• I visited Cape of Good Hope, which is the most southern point on the continent of Africa –
so beautiful!

Overall this place is indescribable and beautiful and the history of it all makes every day an adventure and gift. On Saturday, I plan to do a home stay in a township, staying with a family for the weekend and attending events like church and a Bri (BBQ) with them!”